A rawmode CLI editor, in PHP, based on the C Kilo tutorial: https://viewsourcecode.org/snaptoken/kilo/
timw4mail/php-kilo/pipeline/head This commit looks good Details
- PHP 8.1
- FFI enabled
editorprefix has been removed from all the relevant functions, instead they are methods on one of the implementation classes.
- Enums are faked with class constants
- Composer is used for autoloading
- Properties that must be manually updated in the C version (like counts/string length) are implemented with magic methods, so they are essentially calculated on read.
- Generally, if a function exists in PHP, with the same name as the C function, the PHP version will be used.
- Classes are used to modularize functionality, and reduce the amount of functions with global side effects